Well, I’m still here in Zerok, and still waiting to get my refit. It’s starting to become urgent; as I need to be in Tillman by the 22nd, in order to get a couple things done (shower, laundry, haircut) before I go to Bagram on the 24th to get ready for my leave. I can’t wait for my leave. It’ll be nice to be home and see everyone for a couple of weeks, and to just relax. We’ve been going about 10-12 hours a day for the last 58 days, or so, and I’m starting to feel burned out. (the first 6 days our equipment wasn’t working, but since then, we've put in a ton of hours) So I guess my leave is coming at the perfect time.
The crazy thing about this situation is the fact that the infantry guys that are stationed here have rotated out 3 times since I got here. They try to keep there people here 3 weeks or so, before they give them a break. Our interpreters have even switched out 8-9 times. We on the other hand, are lower down the totem pole. But today we complained to the battalion commander and he said he would try and make it happen today, but it might be tomorrow (I'm pretty sure it won't be today). I’ll believe it when I see it.
The COP needs a resupply anyway. We’re starting to get low on food and water, so they’re going to need to fly in here soon, no matter what. Other than that, things are going well. We’re just plugging away doing our job trying to kill bad guys. I’ve been studying Arabic, Iraqi, and Russian every day, which has been good. I ran out of books to read, but I purchased a couple on the internet, and they are at Tillman. I am also going to be starting a college course or two, so that should keep me busy. Actually, I am surprised at how boring war can be, most of the time. You’d think being at war would be exciting, but for the most part we just sit around being bored, even while we're working. We’ve played Risk and monopoly a couple of times. Every time new soldiers come in we get the movies they have on their hard drive, which gives us something to do. I’ve been working on putting together some videos using pictures and movies from my deployment so far. Most of them are unfinished, as I'm waiting to get pictures from other members of my platoon so I can make some comprehensive videos.
Today my dad took Tommy and Justin to our ward’s Fathers and Sons overnighter. Melanie was very jealous, but Deeanna took Melanie and Dasha to the Kangaroo zoo as compensation. I don’t really have any more good pictures to upload, due to the fact that the scenery here hasn’t really changed since I got here two months ago. It’s been good to hear from many of you, and I hope to see you soon.
Bronco 2-1, out.
1 comment:
Hey! We're excited to see you.
Love, Heather, Trent & Hannah!
Post a Comment