The family
Melanie
Tommy
Justin
Dasha
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Still doing nothing...
Well, it's been a few days since I wrote, so I thought I would write a brief update. As I already mentioned, we moved from FOB Tillman to Orgun-e. Once we arrived we got all our stuff moved into our rooms, which aren't quite as nice as the rooms on Tillman, but still worth the move, considering how much easier it will be to move around, now. Then, I got yanked off of Team Bronco to go on a 2 week mission at another location. However, do to poor planning, more management, poor coordination and infighting between the Battalion we support and their Brigade, the mission was cancelled. Of course, that was after I had already flown up here to FOB Salerno. Salerno is a nice base, though. But I've been rather bored. I did read a book about George Washington titled "His Excellency". It was very interesting to read about his life and his grasp of his place in history and how his actions would be viewed by subsequent generations. I also got to listen to the BYU-Washinton game, which should never have been so close. BYU still isn't good enough to make as many mistakes as they did. They got lucky last night, but they need to stop fumbling and need to get better in the defensive secondary. UW missed a few deep balls that were wide open. The good news is that I should soon be reunited with Team Bronco, and hopefully it will be for good, this time. There is something to say for stability, especially when it is with the guys that you trained with for several months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your read your blog entries. There aren't too many people who drop their comments, but it still is so cool to have your online journal to turn to. Thanks for the kind things you said in your previous entry. Honestly, most days I feel like I'm barely getting by without you....but, life goes on. Take care dear boy!! Love you.
Hi, Tom,
Reading your blogs is great. It is so nice to know so much about what is going on in your life. Dennis and I read them every time you post. We are keeping busy as always. My new kindergarten classes are really cute, and not as hard as last years. So it should be a good year. Take care!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment