The family

The family

Melanie

Melanie

Tommy

Tommy

Justin

Justin

Dasha

Dasha

Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 hot meals

Well, it's been a few days since I wrote, and all of them have been about as boring as you could imagine. The most exciting thing I can think to write is that yesterday we got 3 hot cooked meals in 1 day! The cook had some extra time and food, so he cooked hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch! Speaking of food, I did not get sick from eating the Afghan food. Now they try to bring us food everyday, although I'm not too sure about all of it. They don't really wash the dishes they cook out of, just kind of rinse them out, which makes me nervous. Other than that, just lots of boring shift work. I am currently working about 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, but it has been really boring! We are still planning on going back to Tillman for a few days, but that probably won't happen until early July. When it's the Army, you just have to wait and see.
I should thank everyone for their emails and comments. It is always fun to hear from you. I have found a little time to study Arabic, which is nice. Two days ago a general from the 101st Airborne came out here to visit. I spoke with him for several minutes about our mission and capabilities. He seemed really impressed by our language capabilities (my team has 9 languages, not including English!) Other than that visit, things have been about as exciting as paint drying, which is good and bad. It sure makes the days drag on! Well, I will probably post again tomorrow, so I'll go ahead and end here.

1 comment:

Lombardo Family said...

I’ll get in trouble if you get sick, but I must admit eating the Peruvian food while I was there was one of my favorite things. The opportunity for “cultural food” comes and goes so I would say milk it while ya can. Besides, Bear Grylls does it on Man vs. Wild all the time! Some pictures of the food might be fun though…