- Well everyone, I guess I should have known this long ago, and told you all, but I have discovered while going through my military records that I am not Mormon! I really thought I was, but then I checked with the military's record, and they CAN'T be wrong. Apparently I am a Baptist! Just kidding, although the discrepancy in my service record was humorous. It made me think of Major Major Major Major from the book Catch 22. He found out the his name wasn't Caleb Major when he enrolled in kindergarten, and none of his old friends would play with him because he had been lying to them about his name his whole life. When Major Major Major joins the army he is immediately promoted to Major, for obvious reasons. Anyway, we are in a holding pattern here, waiting to leave, but haven't been able to because of various reasons. We should be up in the mountains pretty soon, but we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully things will go well. We are dropping lots of bombs on the bad guys in this area, and we are having some success. Anyway, life here has been pretty good. I already told Deeanna, so I'll just mention it to everyone that a rocket landed close to our base yesterday. Unfortunately, there were quite a few soldiers that were off the base at the time, and several were injured and 2 killed. One of the injured was from my battalion, but he will surive (he has a different job than me, and spends time out with the locals, and got unlucky). Doing my job I either sit here in the bunkers, or I fly/walk to the mountains in the dead of night, so it isn't too bad. At least I can't complain. I am looking forward to my leave in July-August. It will be nice to see everyone. Well, I had better go before I run out of time. I hope you are all doing well.
Tom
The family
Melanie
Tommy
Justin
Dasha
Thursday, June 19, 2008
A confession...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment